[ltp] acpiphp_ibm

Antony Gelberg linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 21 Jan 2007 13:42:37 +0000

Hi,

I have an X31 laptop with Ultrabay, which I am trying to get working in
Linux.  The Ultrabay works only if it's plugged in before boot, and
undocking from it causes a hang.  I'm running 2.6.18 on Debian Etch.

I have no /proc/acpi/ibm/dock, which is apparently related to this:
http://mailman.linux-thinkpad.org/pipermail/linux-thinkpad/2006-November/037018.html.
 ibm_acpi is loaded.

I have no clue how to get it working.  I have (randomly) modprobed
acpiphp-ibm which resulted in:
Jan 21 13:41:27 localhost kernel: acpiphp_ibm: ibm_find_acpi_device:
Failed to get device information<3>acpiphp_ibm: ibm_find_acpi_device:
Failed to get device information<3>acpiphp_ibm: ibm_find_acpi_device:
Failed to get device information<3>acpiphp_ibm: ibm_acpiphp_init:
acpi_walk_namespace failed

Can anyone assist?

Antony