[ltp] Z61p/Z61m experiences needed

Ilias Stergiou linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 22 Jan 2007 14:29:42 +0200

Johannes Boy wrote:
> As far as I know, the radeon module does not support the firegl 5200.
> Maybe you can get it to work by faking the chip id of a 5100 (which is
> supported). Havn't tried it yet, not sure if it could damage the card
> or whatever.

The proprietary driver downloaded from ati works OK. It identifies the
chipset without any extra configuration. On my latest installation I
even got XView working!!! I get 500-700 frames per second on the
fglrx_gears tool and it works great with Xgl/Beryl/Gnome (the aticonfig
tool fails at Xgl, stopping me add an external monitor/projector).
My major problem is with suspend/hibernate not working and I am
concerned that none knows how to configure the firegl to allow
suspend/hibernate.

> As for the suspend/hibernate stuff: I managed to get it to work in
> console... under X, it always hangs.
Are you sure it is the fglrx driver to blame?

> That was a while ago, though. Like 2 or 3 fgrlx driver versions back,
> maybe it works now?
> Remember to include
>     ProcSetting extra_pages_allowance 20000
> into the suspend2 config files and then just play around with the vbe
> tool... I guess.
I will try that, although the vbetool fails often (not well tested for
64 bits?)

Thank you,
Ilias