[ltp] [OT,HW] T23 know failure?

Marco Gaiarin linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 1 Jan 2007 08:42:03 +0100

My daddy passed to me a wonderful T23, with an only little problem: the
CMOS battery dead.
They keep unused for sometime before passed to me, so i've not bother
on that, and using it this problem seems resolved, only sometime the
t23 boot with 'set date and time'.

But now, and by some weeks, the box refuse to boot apart if i:

1) press the power button.
2) press the 'case' under the keyboard on the left (press gently).

Also if i connect to AC power, nothing happen, i've to press in the
same point to have the 'recharge' led lit.

Note that after the T23 start, they work flawlessy with no trouble at
all.

Someone have knowledge about a know defect or trouble about this
series?

Thanks.

--
  L'essenziale e` invisibile agli occhi