[ltp] choose a x30 or x31 or ... for second used laptop.

Tue, 03 Jul 2007 08:35:54 +0100

Frédéric BOITEUX wrote:

> Le dim 01 jui 2007 13:36:14 CEST, Francois Maltey <fmaltey@nerim.fr> a
> écrit :

>> But I'm looking for a second cheaper laptop which can
>> replace the t42 during few weeks ;
>> and I search a smaller laptop for journey or daily trip.

>> So I'll looking for a x30 or a x31, is it a right choice.

They are very good machines, especially the X31. Also consider:

* if you would forgo the internal wifi (or replace the internal
LAN/Modem by a LAN/Wifi card), look at the X22.

* For even less weight, and bettery power consumption, replace the
internal disk by a compact flash card. The adapter costs $5 on ebay.
[This limits you to about 4GB though, unless you want to spend lots]

Best wishes,

Richard