[ltp] Internal speakers are on although stereo jack plugged

James Knott linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 03 Jul 2007 08:33:22 -0400

Achim Bosch wrote:
> Hi,
>
> when i plug the stereo jack in my dock, the internal speakers of my T43 don't  get mute.
> The internal speakers only mute when i plug directly into my laptop.
> Does anybody have a solution? Is this a problem with ALSA or with the hardware?

That would be a hardware issue.  The jack on the ThinkPad cuts the feed
to the internal speakers, when you plug into it.  That does not get
extended to the jack on the dock, though there may be other methods to
mute the internal speakers.