[ltp] Getting a replacement backlight

azazello linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 27 Jul 2007 18:26:13 -0400

 From what I know, changing the lamp without changing the panel assembly
is hard if not impossible. Replacement panels for the T20 series should
be easy to find on eBay.

You may be able to find a cracked or otherwise defective panel assembly
for sale with an intact lamp. The assemblies I handled required peeling
off some tape and bending a few metal parts to remove the lamp.

But first, check that the wires leading from the inverter to the lamp
are not damaged and have good contact.

-az