[ltp] cs4624 sound

Matt Graham linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 6 Jun 2007 15:31:07 -0400

On Wednesday 06 June 2007 14:16, after a long battle with technology,
Chris Schumann wrote:
> The cs46xx ALSA driver has had a bug for four years. There's no sound
> after suspend and resume, at least with the cs4624 chip that is in
> the 600X, T20, T21, T22, A20m, A20p, A21m, A21p, A22m, and A22p.

I had an A22p for years, and I never noticed this problem.  However, I
sold the machine months ago and can't remember specific configuration
details.

> In my case, I'm using Fedora (Core 6 lately) and CentOS, and the
> Gnome desktop holds the driver open. I can't even switch to a console
> and rmmod the driver

Kick the GNOME config until whatever it's using (esd, right?) doesn't do
that.  Or use KDE instead, and set arts to auto-suspend if idle for >
30 seconds.  I set arts to auto-suspend while I had the A22p, though I
can't remember whether I had the suspend+resume scripts rmmodding and
modprobing snd_cs46xx or not.  HTH anyway,

--