[ltp] LCD stays off in X

Rob Hess linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 10 Jun 2007 16:19:49 -0700

Hi,
     I have a T60 with the Gentoo-patched 2.6.20 kernel and fglrx
8.37.6.  Since I've upgraded to 2.6.20, I've noticed that, under X,
the LCD will not come back on after it goes off.  For example, if I
just boot the computer, but let it sit on the login screen for a
while, the lcd goes off and stays off.  I can switch to the console,
and then the LCD comes back on, but I can never go back to X, even if
I restart XDM, reload the fglrx module, etc.
     I am not quite sure where to begin looking to solve this problem.
 Can anyone offer advice?

Thanks.

-Rob