[ltp] Re: Suspend to RAM w/ OpenSuse 10.2 and T60

jaime johnson linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 1 Mar 2007 08:08:52 -0800 (PST)

Hi all,
I had quite a time figuring out what works and what
doesn't with the t60's x1300 (re:suspend). I settled
on Ubuntu Feisty (32 bit), because it uses kernel
2.6.20 by default along with fglrx version 8.33.6.
Suspend/resume works great. I just had to change one
thing, to tell it not to warm boot the video after
resume. Before, I was using gentoo amd64 bit with
2.6.19 kernel and 8.30.6 fglrx combo which worked, but
I decided to go with a 32 bit system with binary
packages, and I missed apt. I definitely would have
tried suse if they used apt, but that's personal
preference. If you can get the latest kernel and fglrx
combination, the suspend issue with ati's drivers
seems to be fixed for now. I would prefer to just have
an open source driver that's part of X, but I can live
with this setup till then. Best,

Jim