[ltp] Re: Re: Suspend to RAM w/ OpenSuse 10.2 and T60

Axel Braun linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 05 Mar 2007 11:05:37 +0100

jaime johnson wrote:

> I had quite a time figuring out what works and what
> doesn't with the t60's x1300 (re:suspend). I settled
> on Ubuntu Feisty (32 bit), because it uses kernel
> 2.6.20 by default along with fglrx version 8.33.6.

It is definitely not always the case that ATI & suspend = black screen.
Thats probabaly depending on kernel + xorg.

> Suspend/resume works great. I just had to change one
> thing, to tell it not to warm boot the video after
> resume. Before, I was using gentoo amd64 bit with
> 2.6.19 kernel and 8.30.6 fglrx combo which worked, but
> I decided to go with a 32 bit system with binary
> packages, and I missed apt. I definitely would have
> tried suse if they used apt, but that's personal
> preference.

You can use SuSE with apt. I do. Works great.

Cheers
Ax
--
Linux on a ThinkPad: www.axxite.com/brn