[ltp] Question on X60

Dieter Jurzitza linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 1 Mar 2007 18:52:11 +0100

Dear Henrique,
dear Alex,

I would like to comment your comments :-) I appreciated a lot:
1a.) I tested booting in runlevel 3, however,=20
echo "video_switch" > /proc/acpi/ibm/video
still does nothing.
This makes me guess that it is no X11 issue, but probably you know better. =
(to=20
Henrique)

1b.) i810switch can toggle all states: LFP only, CRT only, LFP + CRT, so I=
=20
think the i945 chipset in the X60 does support both outputs on. (to Alex)

2.) as pointed out in my first email, using i810switch *does* work, though =
I=20
assume you say "brrrr" because this is dirct toggling some registers and th=
us=20
everything but nice. I can use FN-F7 now without problems.

3.) I am an user and depend on my notebook for office presentations. Thus,=
=20
from an users standpoint (and again, I hear you say "brrrr") I am pragmatic=
:=20
I depend on being able to switch screens in a presentation, so whatever mak=
es=20
things work is a help for me, be it a nice solution or an ugly ugly hack ;-=
).=20
And, if it could potentially be of help for others (do not ask how long I=20
googled to find this effect) I think it's worthwile telling about.

4.) If there is anything supportive I could do I would if you'd let me know=
=2E I=20
am willing to test, as mentioned I am using openSUSE 10.2.

Thank you folks for your all your time, your suggestions and your efforts s=
o=20
far to help me and others,
take care

Dieter

Am Donnerstag, 1. M=E4rz 2007 16:44 schrieb Henrique de Moraes Holschuh:
> On Thu, 01 Mar 2007, Alex Deucher wrote:
> > both crtcs.  I'm not sure all bioses support this.  the optimal
******

=2D-=20
=2D----------------------------------------------------------

                                \

if you really want to see the pictures above - use some font
with constant spacing like courier! :-)