[ltp] Question on X60

Thu, 1 Mar 2007 16:43:33 -0300

On Thu, 01 Mar 2007, Dieter Jurzitza wrote:
> I would like to comment your comments :-) I appreciated a lot:
> 1a.) I tested booting in runlevel 3, however,
> echo "video_switch" > /proc/acpi/ibm/video
> still does nothing.
> This makes me guess that it is no X11 issue, but probably you know better. (to
> Henrique)

Please send me *by private mail* the DSDT (cat /proc/acpi/dsdt | gzip -9
-f >x60.dsdt.gz) and dmidecode output for your X60.  Feel free to replace the
serial number and UUIDs with XXX or whatever.

> 1b.) i810switch can toggle all states: LFP only, CRT only, LFP + CRT, so I
> think the i945 chipset in the X60 does support both outputs on. (to Alex)

And it also means that the X.org and kernel drivers could add code to do it,
if they haven't done that yet.  Good.  Someone that can test it could also
start working on kernel framebuffer support.

> I depend on being able to switch screens in a presentation, so whatever makes
> things work is a help for me, be it a nice solution or an ugly ugly hack ;-).

That's why ibm-acpi was born, it would not be even needed if the nice way
did all that it should :)

  Henrique Holschuh