[ltp] T42p fan

Norman Walsh linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 17 Mar 2007 14:23:03 -0400

--=-=-=

I'm not certain this is Linux-related, but this seems like the right
audience. I'm running Ubuntu Edgy 2.6.17-11-386, FWIW.

I've noticed recently that my fan comes on, and stays on, much more
than previously (or possibly it's just gotten louder, but I don't
think so).

At first, I attributed this to a Firefox bug that pins the CPU after a
suspend/resume cycle. Of course, I expect the fan to run when the CPU
is going full tilt for a long time.

But now I've noticed that even when the load average is down to 0.1
and the CPU has clocked down to 600Mhz, the fan is still running a lot
of the time.

I did have the fan replaced, a warranty repair because the old fan
just stopped working. However, it's been a few months since then and
this problem is more recent.

Any thoughts or suggestions will be appreciated.

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

=2D-=20
Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> | It is as easy for the strong man to be