[ltp] Re: X30 linux installation

Phil linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 30 Mar 2007 08:05:34 +0000

All interesting stuff Richard. As a long-time Fedora user who's
contemplating moving to Ubuntu is there anywhere that describes all this
stuff in one place. Things like the differences between rpm and debian
package etc etc.
The reason I'm tempted to go with Ubuntu is I'm fed up of finding all
the bits that are missing from Fedora due to Redhat's licencing policy.
Anyone got any comments about pros and cons of this approach?
Thinkpad content - a clean install of Ubuntu on my T40p seemed less
painful than FC5 particularly in graphics device area - although I still
can't get twinhead working with the ATI card in my laptop - but I'm
planning to upgrade to a T60 and hopefully that will be resolved.

Cheers all
Phil