[ltp] Re: T23 running Kubuntu 7.04 - problems with Savage Direct Rendering (and USB)

Olek A. linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 15 May 2007 12:54:24 +0200

Actually I am following the method described here:

http://home.comcast.net/~jyavner/T23/

using my  current Slackware with gcc 4.1.2 and kernel 2.6.21.1.
Unfortunately I cannot properly compile drm (dated 25.02.2007) snapshot from
Mr. Yavner's page becouse of an error :

/drm/linux-core/drm_vm.c:841: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
/drm/linux-core/drm_vm.c:900: error: unknown field 'fault' specified in
initializer

so I couldn't get savage modules.

I CAN compile the latest drm snapshot from git without errors:

git clone git://anongit.freedesktop.org/git/mesa/drm

but resulting savage modules are known to be broken. And there is no rendering
of course. Probably drm snapshot from february 2007 works but I cannot
compile it as of today.

Any ideas folks ?
How can I get earlier drm git versions from freedesktop.org ?

PS. My glxgears-fps in non-rendered mode is actually 190-200 thanks to Mr.
Yavner's xorg.conf :-) - not far from fully rendered mode.

regards,
Olek Ansion