[ltp] Re: T23 running Kubuntu 7.04 - problems with Savage Direct Rendering (and USB)

Tue, 15 May 2007 09:17:17 -0500

On 5/15/07, Olek A. <brodo@o2.pl> wrote:
> Actually I am following the method described here:
>
> http://home.comcast.net/~jyavner/T23/
>
> using my  current Slackware with gcc 4.1.2 and kernel 2.6.21.1.
> Unfortunately I cannot properly compile drm (dated 25.02.2007) snapshot from
> Mr. Yavner's page becouse of an error :
>
> /drm/linux-core/drm_vm.c:841: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
> /drm/linux-core/drm_vm.c:900: error: unknown field 'fault' specified in
> initializer
>
> so I couldn't get savage modules.
>
> I CAN compile the latest drm snapshot from git without errors:
>
> git clone git://anongit.freedesktop.org/git/mesa/drm
>
> but resulting savage modules are known to be broken. And there is no rendering
> of course. Probably drm snapshot from february 2007 works but I cannot
> compile it as of today.

Know to be broken?  Is this just rumor or have you actually confirmed it?

> Any ideas folks ?
> How can I get earlier drm git versions from freedesktop.org ?

it's all in git.  you can use git-bisect or grab a particular tag.

> PS. My glxgears-fps in non-rendered mode is actually 190-200 thanks to Mr.
> Yavner's xorg.conf :-) - not far from fully rendered mode.

right.  You are using software rendering.  IIRC, you had a libGL
problem.  did you ever get that resolved?

Alex