[ltp] New PowerTOP utility for Linux 2.6.21+ from Intel

Sat, 19 May 2007 10:52:59 -0300

On Sat, 19 May 2007, Martin Milata wrote:
> What I meant was to export hdaps status as character device file, from
> which hdapsd could read() fixed amount of data and which would block the
> reader if there were no new hardware poll since last read. As Henrique
> said, something similar will be achieved using the input layer.

It is even better.  The input layer is smart enough that the kernel driver
can disable hdaps polling while nobody is using the device, so you won't
waste power and resources just by loading the hdaps module.

  Henrique Holschuh