[ltp] New PowerTOP utility for Linux 2.6.21+ from Intel

Sun, 20 May 2007 01:49:40 +1000

--=-WsiJnHLM5V9zYMcbM27z

Hei,

> What I meant was to export hdaps status as character device file, from
> which hdapsd could read() fixed amount of data and which would block the
> reader if there were no new hardware poll since last read. As Henrique
> said, something similar will be achieved using the input layer.=20

sorry, but i don't seem to get it. You want hdapsd to constantly read
from supposed character device file, only that this constant reading is
blocked as long as no new value drops in. Like on a socket, right?

But as long as the hdaps driver is only exporting the values, how does
this give any benefit? hdapsd would still read the file constantly and
never block, since the driver emits values constantly.

The other way would be to have the hdaps driver do more and already
process the values agains some threshold, but why would you need hdapsd
then at all? And then you would also not need such kind of device file,
because the hdaps driver could directly cause the harddisk to be parked.

Or am i missing something?

Andr=C3=A9.

--=-WsiJnHLM5V9zYMcbM27z

--=-WsiJnHLM5V9zYMcbM27z--