[ltp] thinkpad T60 widescren, fn + F7 doesn't work for external monitor or projector in linux

Rob Hess linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 28 May 2007 16:55:03 -0700

I have fn-f7 working on a regular T60.  I have ATI's fglrx driver
version 8.35.5, thinkpad-acpi version 0.14-20070428, and kernel
version 2.6.20 installed.
     You can't use tpb to get this working.  You have to use ACPI.
Check out this page to figure out how to do that:

http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/How_to_get_special_keys_to_work

Once you are catching the ACPI event corresponding to a fn-f7 press,
you need to associate that with some kind of script that uses
aticonfig (comes with fglrx driver) to detect and switch monitors.
`aticonfig --query-monitor` will print a list of the monitors
currently connected and enabled, e.g.

aticonfig --query-monitor
  Connected monitors: crt1, lvds
  Enabled monitors: lvds

tells you that the external monitor (crt1) and the laptop screen
(lvds) are connected, but only the laptop screen is being used.  You
can use `aticonfig --enable-monitor` to enable and disable different
monitors, e.g.

aticonfig --enable-monitor=lvds,crt1

enables both the external monitor and the laptop screen.

Hope this helps.

-Rob