[ltp] Power drain with radeonfb and fbcon built in

Felix E. Klee linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 04 Nov 2007 14:09:05 +0100

I can't believe it: After having rebuilt Ubuntu's kernel with radeonfb
and fbcon *built in*, the sleep.sh test script still says that my system
is affected by the power drain issue.  Note that I ran sleep.sh directly
after startup before X was started (which I do by typing "startx"), and
yes radeonfb mode was correctly initialized and I did get the messages
"radeonfb (0000:01:00.0): suspending to state: 2...", etc..

So:

* Is there anyone here who has solved the power drain issue with kernel
  2.6.22 or even with Ubuntu 7.10 (Gutsy Gibbon)?

* Any ideas?

--
Felix E. Klee
Jabber/Google Talk: feklee@jabber.org, SIP: 9779619@sipgate.de