[ltp] Dual Monitor no longer working with Gutsy on T60p FireGL

Bill Moseley linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 4 Nov 2007 08:27:18 -0800

Just curious if anyone has any suggestions about this.

I'm using ATI's fglrx driver (included with Gutsy) on the T60p's ATI
FireGL.

I had dual monitors working fine with Ubuntu Feisty.  It was not
Xinerama, and, well, it just worked so I don't remember any difficulty
setting it up.

I'm using GNOME session manager.

With Feisty the second monitor would start with the same desktop as
the LCD.

With Gusty the second monitor starts (I can move the mouse onto the
second scree, but it's justs a blank xorg screen without a window
manager running.

Unfortunately, I'm not sure I understand *how* the window manager is
suppose to start on the second monitor normally (GNOME issue?) so I'm
not sure where to look.  But, the fact that xorg is running on the
second monitor makes me think this is a minor configuration issue.

Thanks,

--
Bill Moseley
moseley@hank.org