[ltp] Feisty to Gutsy dist-upgrade

Phil linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 06 Nov 2007 10:17:11 +0000

I'm keen to upgrade my Feisty installation to Gutsy, but nervous as a
working environment is vital.
I'm running a T60 with ATI Radeon Mobility X1400, and Intel Pro/Wireless
3945ABG wireless card.
Can anyone who's performed this upgrade summarise any issues they've
had, if any?

Feisty is running fine, it suspends/resumes (most of the time!), and all
the special keys that I care about work (including brightness) and I
don't believe it has suspend power consumption issues.

I also want to keep twin-head working. I'm currently using fglrx and
although it took some experimentation it's now working fine with
extended desktop over ldc and external monitor, and I can happily switch
between single-head and dual-head without restarting X. I wouldn't want
to lose this functionality.

Thanks for any advice.

Cheers
Phil