[ltp] Reverse "Unauthorized network card" patch

Sebastian Luettich linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 7 Nov 2007 21:05:49 +0100

Sebastian Luettich scripsit:

> I patched my R51 with the forementioned WiFi patch to turn of the
> whitelist check.  It works like a charm, I can run my Atheros card.
>
> Sadly, the STR doesn't work anymore.  At first I suspected the madwifi
> driver, so I changed the wifi back to the 2200bg, but still the notebook
> won't wake up.  Screen stays black, no ssh access, no response to
> hotkeys, no reboot possible.

To answer myself, posting a solution to the problem just in case someone
behaving as stupid like I did:

I updated the bios and the ec-program, erased the cmos and now I can STR
and resume like before.

My deepest apologies to anyone who felt insulted.

Hm, I think it's because I'm german.

regards, Są