[ltp] T60p lockups

Sun, 11 Nov 2007 04:43:56 +0000

Dear All,

I'm having frequent (every few days) lockups with my T60, where simply
clicking the mouse on a menu or tab will hang the machine. I have to
recover with the power switch (not even SysRQ works). Sometimes I even
have to disconnect the AC for a minute, or powering-on only shows a
black screen with a flashing cursor, and fails to boot.

However, when it works, it works fine for a few days. I'm using Ubuntu
Feisty, with the vesa driver (so surely it can't be a fglrx problem).
Memtest works fine.

Any suggestions? Any tests I can run to exercise the rest of the hardware?

Thanks very much,

Richard