[ltp] thinkpad-acpi release for 2.6.24-rc2

Sat, 17 Nov 2007 17:46:26 -0200

On Sat, 17 Nov 2007, Yves-Alexis Perez wrote:
> If I watch and xev while typing Fn+Home/Down, I can see that the events
> are reported twice (for example 212 Keypress, 212 Keyrelease, 212
> Keypress, 212 Keyrelease). thinkpad-acpi.txt in Documentation/ kernel
> folder talks about hotkey_report_mode but it says that it's deprecated
> in 2.6.23+ anyway, so I don't really know what should I do about that.

See if there is any sort of thinkpad-keys or tbp NVRAM poller running, and
if so, kill it.

Does it fixes anything?

thinkpad-acpi really should not make any sort of difference for brightness
control on your thinkpad.  If it does, I may need to add an active filter to
protect you from broken-as-designed-and-I-warned-them-but-they-don't-listen
crap in HAL.

Do you get any thinkpad-acpi events at all when playing with Fn+Home/Fn+End
(ACPI events and/or input events from the thinkpad-acpi input device)?
Please use acpi_listen and lsinput/input-events to check.

  Henrique Holschuh