[ltp] Bluetooth and awesome audio

Sun, 18 Nov 2007 17:49:19 +0000

John Jason Jordan wrote:

> http://wiki.bluez.org/wiki/HOWTO/AudioDevices#Alsaconfiguration

Neat - thanks for sharing that.

> I also have the volume buttons working (since flashing the BIOS).
> They work fine for controlling the sound from the speakers and the
> headphone jack, but they don't have any effect on the headphones. Oh
> well, the volume controls on the headphones work fine, and that is
> all I need.

1a) Do the volume buttons generate X keycodes? (Run xev and see whether
it responds). If so, use xbindkeys.

1b) Else, Use tpb to monitor the nvram for button presses, and use its
ability to run an arbitary script on button-press.

2) Then, write two short scripts using the amixer command.

You should be able to make the bluetooth volume track the main speakers.
(I suggest that you leave the mute button for the main speakers only).

HTH,

Richard