[ltp] Getting ipw3945 kill switch to bring eth1 down?

Mon, 19 Nov 2007 03:53:50 +0000

Marc MERLIN wrote:

> So, for everyone else, when you shut off your wireless, your wireless
> interface and routes are still up (going nowhere) until you remove them?

This seems like a possible kernel bug to me. If it were, say, a USB
wireless adapter, and you unplugged it, the kernel would disable the
ethX device, and remove the routes. So, shouldn't the RF kill switch do
exactly the same?  That would also be consistent with bluetooth, where
the bluetooth device goes away when the RF-kill switch is operated.

Richard