[ltp] Getting ipw3945 kill switch to bring eth1 down?

Mon, 19 Nov 2007 12:27:31 -0200

On Mon, 19 Nov 2007, Richard Neill wrote:
> This seems like a possible kernel bug to me. If it were, say, a USB
> wireless adapter, and you unplugged it, the kernel would disable the ethX
> device, and remove the routes. So, shouldn't the RF kill switch do exactly
> the same?  That would also be consistent with bluetooth, where the
> bluetooth device goes away when the RF-kill switch is operated.

Nah, the kernel has nothing to do with how bluetooth rf-kill operates in a
thinkpad.

The thinkpad firmware cuts off the USB port for its internal bluetooth
device when you rf-kill it.  So it is not a rf-kill switch, it is more like
an on/off switch :p

The kernel just sees an USB device disappear in thin air (or appear back
from thin air) and does the hotplug/hotunplug accordingly.

  Henrique Holschuh