[ltp] maximum supported harddisk size for T42 and T23

Chris Schumann linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 21 Nov 2007 07:02:50 -0600

Martin Steigerwald wrote:
> 1) Would a 80GB drive - that before worked in a T42 - work in a T23? The
> hardware specs only mentions drives upto 60GB but I think thats how IBM
> delivered them and I am not sure whether there is a hard BIOS limit at
> 60GB.

The T23 should be able to handle drives up to at least 120GB. I know the
600X can, and that's very similar to the T20. The T23 has newer parts
and may handle even larger drives, but may not. 120GB, and certainly
your 80GB drive, should work easily. It's easy enough to find out, anyway.

Chris