[ltp] Replacing LCD on T41p

Jim Rockford linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 24 Nov 2007 15:49:29 -0500

I have recently begun to experience some strange blinking patterns and
various red spots on my LCD, which I can only attribute to dying
pixels and other problems with the LCD.  I bought a replacement LCD
off Ebay and intend to replace it myself (otherwise, it's $800 through
the Thinkpad service center; they won't allow this replacement under
warranty).

Before I embark on this mission, I was wondering if the procedure is
really as straightforward as it seems.  Are there any pitfalls I
should be particularly wary of in replacing the LCD?  I'd appreciate
hearing about any of your experiences with this.

Thanks,
Jim