[ltp] Re: T61 with X3100 Video Card Problems Ubuntu

Mon, 26 Nov 2007 19:34:38 +0200

--cWoXeonUoKmBZSoM

Hi,

On Mon, Nov 26, 2007 at 09:22:20AM -0200, Leonardo Monasterio wrote:
> Many thanks for your answers.
> - I tried to install the have xserver-xorg-video-intel  2:2.2.0-1 from
> Debian unstable but I couldn't pass the public key.

Ubuntu 7.10 has xserver-xorg-video-intel 2:2.1.1, which works pretty
well for me (T61, Intel X3100, 14" 1280x800 LCD).

> - Volker, maybe during the first installation I had the external
> monitor plugged. Today - without the external monitor- I ran "sudo
> dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg" and it recognizes the "intel
> corporation mobile gm965/gl960". I just pressed ok in all following
> optiosn  (except the size of the monitor: I've changed to 15 inches).

Which sounds fine.

> However, Screens and Graphics still gives me "vesa generic/ intel -
> experimental modesetting..." and no option for extended screen. I do
> have 1200 X 800 resolution. Any suggestion?

The "Screens and Graphics" app in Ubuntu is buggy and useless[1].  However,
you can use xrandr from a terminal to get an extended screen if you
follow the instructions at http://www.intellinuxgraphics.org/dualhead.html

  [1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/displayconfig-gtk/+bug/1412=
94

Marius Gedminas
--=20
Always proofread carefully to see if you any words out.

--cWoXeonUoKmBZSoM

--cWoXeonUoKmBZSoM--