[ltp] Confirmed: Default nv driver with openSUSE 10.3 just doesn't work on the T61p

Aaron Mulder linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 11 Oct 2007 09:21:27 -0400

I haven't tried 10.3, but in previous releases it was possible to
install 32-bit Firefox on the 64-bit OS so all the plugins worked.
(That said, I'd expect 64-bit Java to work in 64-bit Firefox, though
there was no 64-bit Flash at the time I tried.)  In the YaST software
selection dialog, you had to look carefully at one of the tabs at the
bottom for each piece of software, and it had radio buttons for i586
and x86_64, so you could go to Firefox, Java, etc. and make sure to
select the correct bittedness for each.  It definitely needed some
manual intervention because they were all a mixed bag out of the box.

Thanks,
       Aaron