[ltp] Ambiguous compatibility of battery: 02K6619/02K6617

Fri, 12 Oct 2007 21:51:42 -0300

On Fri, 12 Oct 2007, Connor Behan wrote:
> I ordered a 9 cell battery for my a22m 2628-S1U a few weeks ago and it just
> came yesterday... after leaving it to charge overnight for 12 hours it has
> ZERO charge in it.  The multimeter says 0V, the laptop dies with this
> battery as soon as I unplug it from the wall and there seems to be no way
> of charging it.

This is very, very likely a broken battery.  No Li-ION battery I have ever
seen hits 0V on its output, unless it is still in "factory shipment mode",
and that mode actually goes to the trouble of disconnecting the power output
terminals (unlikely, AFAIK).

So, I find it very unlikely that any ThinkPad battery with 0V on its power
terminals would be anything more than an useless brick that a trip to the
nearest safe-battery-disposal unit to get rid of.

  Henrique Holschuh