[ltp] Re: ATI, fglrx, suspend

Chris Schumann linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 18 Oct 2007 10:39:25 -0500 (CDT)

> Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2007 00:08:04 +0200
> From: Florian Reitmeir <florian@reitmeir.org>
> On Thu, 18 Oct 2007, Evgeni Golov wrote:
>> On Wed, 17 Oct 2007 09:33:16 -0500 (CDT) Chris Schumann wrote:
>> > I'm having a heck of a time getting 3D to work with suspend and
>> resume. I happen to have a T60 with an ATI X1400 128MB chip, and run
>> Fedora 7.
>>
>> Which suspend do you mean? To disk or to ram? To disk should work
>> without problems, to ram only when you disable kernel-framebuffer
>> (like vesafb)
>>
>> Adding acpi_sleep=s3_bios,s3_mode to your kernel boot parameters might
>> help with s2ram.
>
> with s2ram there is no need anymore for acpi_sleep=, because..

Thanks, guys. Suspend to RAM is the thing I'd like first, even though
suspend to disk is also not working (it doesn't turn off, or resume if I
force power off). I do have the s3_ kernel params, which were needed to
get suspend working with vesa, but after I fix things, I will look at
removing those.

A quick look for disabling framebuffer brings me only very old
information. Where can I look for how to disable it; what's the problem
with it; and what if I want that functionality (although I'm pretty sure I
don't)?

Chris