[ltp] WUXGA

Christoph Lechleitner linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 31 Oct 2007 14:00:21 +0100

Frank Fiene schrieb:
> Help!
>
> I want to buy a new T61p with 15.4" WUXGA screen but they are not
> available in germany!?
>
> Only systems with WSXGA which i don't want to have!

Are you sure you want 1920x1200?
The resolution is really impressive (149dpi), but may people consider this
usable with Windows. Even on Linux with it's dpi adaptivity, some things
(Websites with static layout) are not so nice to read.

However, I know they are available (I have one, bought in Austria a few weeks
ago), even with 4 GB RAM, but perhaps Lenovo as well as dealers don't want to
recommend resp. advertise machines that will disappoint most customers due to
the extreme dpi and due to some 32bit OSes not supporting the full 4 Gig RAM.

In theory I could even sell you one (we do HW/SW dealing, yet only for special
customers), but I'm sure you 'll find one available (yet perhaps not for
immediate delivery) in Germany.

Regards Christoph