[ltp] Gpsd & friends

Tue, 4 Sep 2007 14:08:07 -0400

=

> > I use the Earthmate LT-20 and it is part of my boats
> > navigation system so this is a big item for me.
> > None of these give anything like error messages, they
> > just don't do anything.
>
> When you plug in the USB plug, running 'dmesg' in a terminal should show
> you a bunch of messages about a new USB device and what /dev/ttyUSBx
> number it got (or, alternatively, a bunch of error messages).
>
> Do other USB devices work for you?
>
> (USB on old T42 broke down in an interesting way: USB1 devices work
> normally, but USB2 devices fail.  I think it's a hardware failure,
> although I'm not quite sure how it can be.)
>
> Marius Gedminas
This is in no way a hardware (or) USP problem.
I have more than one (too many) A31s and I can swap the hard drive back
and forth with the same results as above i.e. the earlier versions work and
the later ones don't.
Something has changed in the software and I have no idea what it is.
Incidentally, USB1 works fine in all of these machines and USB2 works
well also when using a pcmcia adapter
Thanks..
  Bert