[ltp] Gpsd & friends

Wed, 5 Sep 2007 15:19:46 +0300

--k1lZvvs/B4yU6o8G

On Tue, Sep 04, 2007 at 02:08:07PM -0400, bhaskins@chartermi.net wrote:
> > (USB on old T42 broke down in an interesting way: USB1 devices work
> > normally, but USB2 devices fail.  I think it's a hardware failure,
> > although I'm not quite sure how it can be.)
> >=20
> This is in no way a hardware (or) USP problem.
> I have more than one (too many) A31s and I can swap the hard drive back
> and forth with the same results as above i.e. the earlier versions work a=
nd
> the later ones don't.

Earlier versions of what?

> Something has changed in the software and I have no idea what it is.
> Incidentally, USB1 works fine in all of these machines and USB2 works
> well also when using a pcmcia adapter

But I didn't upgrade anything!  I had Ubuntu Feisty on my T42, and USB2
worked fine, and a few months later I noticed that it didn't any more.

Okay, maybe there was a kernel security update or two.  I'll ask the
coworker who's currently using that T42 to check if USB2 devices work on
Ubuntu Gutsy.

Marius Gedminas
--=20
If the ancients were right and to think is to exist, does Microsoft exist?

--k1lZvvs/B4yU6o8G

--k1lZvvs/B4yU6o8G--