[ltp] T61p with nVIDIA Quadro FX 570M / WUXGA on 15.4" ?

Florian Reitmeir linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 12 Sep 2007 12:59:49 +0200

Hi,

On Wed, 12 Sep 2007, Marius Gedminas wrote:

> Does it work with Network Manager?  It doesn't for me (Ubuntu Gutsy,
> ipw3945).
>
> I'm very disappointed with Intel's ipw3945 drivers:
>
>   * closed-source binary daemon that just dies every now and then for no
>     apparent reason (symptom: iwconfig says eth1: no wireless
>     extensions; fix: sudo /sbin/ipw3945d-`uname -r`)
here it only dies after resume, and to restart just remove/insert the module
in the hibernate script.

>   * doesn't work with Network Manager (it sees networks and associates,
>     but won't issue DHCP requests; this might be a bug in NM rather than
>     the network driver)
works here nicely
i use Debian/Unstable

>   * doesn't understand that 'iwconfig eth1 essid any' means "use
>     whichever AP is available" and I have to manually set the essid and
>     only then do ifup eth1 --force to get wireless.
because i use NM, i never had such a problem

--
Florian Reitmeir