[ltp] T61p with nVIDIA Quadro FX 570M / WUXGA on 15.4" ?

Wed, 12 Sep 2007 14:13:54 +0300

--AhhlLboLdkugWU4S

On Wed, Sep 12, 2007 at 12:59:49PM +0200, Florian Reitmeir wrote:
> On Wed, 12 Sep 2007, Marius Gedminas wrote:
>=20
> > Does it work with Network Manager?  It doesn't for me (Ubuntu Gutsy,
> > ipw3945).
> >=20
> > I'm very disappointed with Intel's ipw3945 drivers:
> >=20
> >   * closed-source binary daemon that just dies every now and then for no
> >     apparent reason (symptom: iwconfig says eth1: no wireless
> >     extensions; fix: sudo /sbin/ipw3945d-`uname -r`)
> here it only dies after resume, and to restart just remove/insert the mod=
ule
> in the hibernate script.

Right, I forgot to mention:

      * rmmod ipw3945/modprobe -r ipw3945 hangs in an unkillable state.
        Only reboot helps.

      * sometimes the module stops being able to talk to the daemon
        (ipw3945: Error sending cmd #07 to daemon: time out after 500ms.).
        Killing & restarting the daemon doesn't help, rmmodding ipw3945
        hangs, only reboot helps.

> >   * doesn't work with Network Manager (it sees networks and associates,
> >     but won't issue DHCP requests; this might be a bug in NM rather than
> >     the network driver)
> works here nicely
> i use Debian/Unstable

That's good to know.  What versions of network-manager and dhcdbd do you
have installed?

Marius Gedminas
--=20
"What's the name of the new OO COBOL -- an equivalent of C++?"
"ADD 1 TO COBOL GIVING COBOL"

--AhhlLboLdkugWU4S

--AhhlLboLdkugWU4S--