[ltp] T61p with nVIDIA Quadro FX 570M / WUXGA on 15.4" ?

Wed, 12 Sep 2007 18:44:50 +0300

--2fHTh5uZTiUOsy+g

On Wed, Sep 12, 2007 at 05:38:33PM +0200, onion wrote:
> I struggled with suspend/hibernate about three days now. Finally i found=
=20
> solution on gentoo-wiki.com.
> Appending "acpi_sleep=3Ds3_mode" to the kernel line solved my problem. I'=
m=20
> using Gentoo which is quite different, but maybe it'll by useful to you ;)

Distribution shouldn't matter.  Video might.  I had to add
acpi_sleep=3Ds3_bios to my kernel command line to get suspend/resume to
work on my T61 (Intel video).  It's a workaround for a driver deficiency
that doesn't save & restore a few of the registers properly (and causes
the kernel to invoke the BIOS to do that), and is probably already fixed
upstream.

Marius Gedminas
--=20
C is for Cookies.  Perl is even better for Cookies.

--2fHTh5uZTiUOsy+g

--2fHTh5uZTiUOsy+g--