[ltp] How do the new T60s compare to the older T42 Thinkpads?

Sun, 16 Sep 2007 13:52:26 +0300

--MfFXiAuoTsnnDAfZ

On Sat, Sep 15, 2007 at 10:05:36PM -0800, portsample wrote:
> I'm thinking about picking up a new T42 ThinkPad while they are still
> available. There are a bunch on sale at ubid.com for $550.00-$625.00.=20
>=20
> How do the new Lenovo T60/61 units compare to one of these last classic
> ThinkPads? I have read that the T60s are flimsier and that the
> components are cheaper and have a higher failure rate. Is this true?
>
> What have people found w/these? How do they compare? Thanks for

My old 14" T42 looked elegant.  My new widescreen 15" T61 looks fat,
ugly and cheap, but I got used to it.  I cannot comment about
reliability, as I've only had my T61 for five weeks.  My T42 was pretty
reliable for almost three years, but now USB2 stopped working, and the
wireless is flaky.  I've heard that picking it up with one hand by the
lower-right corner, which I used to do, could weaken some contacts on
the motherboard.

Marius Gedminas
--=20
If something has not yet gone wrong then it would ultimately have been
beneficial for it to go wrong.

--MfFXiAuoTsnnDAfZ

--MfFXiAuoTsnnDAfZ--