[ltp] How do the new T60s compare to the older T42 Thinkpads?

Phil linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 16 Sep 2007 16:18:14 +0100

<head>
</head>
I've gone from a T41p to a T60 and have no complaints. The T41 was
slightly sleeker (the case on the T60 seems a little boxier) but
otherwise it all seems pretty similar. I've a sneaking suspicion that
the T41 screen was sharper, but the T60 is brighter (both at 1400x1050).<br>
However the T60 is a lot faster, holds more memory and a bigger disk,
and was slightly more than 1/3rd price I paid for the T41 3 or 4 years
ago.<br>
It also seems to be better supported by Ubuntu. Pretty much everything
worked out of the box.<br>
Phil<br>