[thinkpad] [ltp] How do the new T60s compare to the older T42 Thinkpads?

Mon, 17 Sep 2007 13:12:08 +0300

--UKNXkkdQCYZ6W5l3

On Sun, Sep 16, 2007 at 08:29:10AM -0400, lou wrote:
> If I were making your decision, based on our experience, I would go for o=
ne=20
> of the new ones.  If you plan to run Linux on it (I am running Ubuntu on =
my=20
> T61), be prepared to: fiddle with the kernel, wait for more updates, or d=
o=20
> without some stuff..... like suspend to RAM, Sound, Brightness control,=
=20
> etc.=20

Or wait a couple of months for the new version of $YOUR_FAVOURITE_DISTRO
(Ubuntu in my case).

Marius Gedminas
--=20
OK, so you're a Ph.D.  Just don't touch anything.

--UKNXkkdQCYZ6W5l3

--UKNXkkdQCYZ6W5l3--