[ltp] Thinkpad warranty not covering screen white spots damage?n

George Yanos linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 25 Sep 2007 11:40:01 -0500

* Henrique de Moraes Holschuh <hmh@hmh.eng.br> [2007-09-25 13:33:24 -0300]:

> On Tue, 25 Sep 2007, Maciej Musial wrote:
> > I'm using for my lenses isopropyl alcohol - it is very good. I've also
>
> IBM recommends a solution of 50% isopropyl alcohol, and 50% destilled water.
> Apply with microfiber cloth, and don't breath the stuff or let it to your
> skin.
>
> You can actually clean the entire thinkpad with that.  At least IBM-era
> ones, who knows what kind of plastic and paint Lenovo is using on the
> titanium-less plastic covers of the new thinkpads with a roll cage...
>
> --
>   "One disk to rule them all, One disk to find them. One disk to bring
>   them all and in the darkness grind them. In the Land of Redmond
>   where the shadows lie." -- The Silicon Valley Tarot
>   Henrique Holschuh
> --

You probably don't need to worry about touching or breathing it, it is
the cheapest version of "rubbing alcohol" you can find in every drug
store and most groceries. Not quite harmless but probably less harmful
than all antipersperants and most deodorants.

* George Yanos     *                                                *
* UTC at UIC       *                                                *
* 312-413-0059(w)  *                                                *
* 708-848-4221(h)  *                                                *
* gyanos@uic.edu   *                                                *