[ltp] Z61p: 5.2h on windows and barely 3H on linux

Marc MERLIN linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 27 Sep 2007 23:36:08 -0700

So, I have:
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU         T7200  @ 2.00GHz
MemTotal: 2074120 kB
fglrx-kernel: 8.38.6-1
X.org: 7.2-0ubuntu11 (ubuntu feisty)
2.6.22.1-libata-tj-20070803-p4smp-preempt-1khz-marc4

I also run powernowd which brings the CPUs down to 1GHz, LCD is set to
minimum backlight, wireless is turned off.

So, any idea why I can only get 2.8h out of a 9 cell extended battery while
windows on the same hardware gets a bit over 5h?
How long do you get on your comparable Z61 ?

Thanks
Marc
Home page: http://marc.merlins.org/