[ltp] Z61p: 5.2h on windows and barely 3H on linux

Johannes Boy linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 28 Sep 2007 17:34:14 +0200

I get roughly the same on my z61p running Fedora Core 7, maybe a bit less.
Did you already try powertop? It should help to increase battery life
a little, but you will never be able to get the 5 hours from windows.
There are also some other ways to tweak things, like the kernels
laptop_mode and a script collection named similiar... but I just
started to look into things so I can't tell you much more :p

Some links I found:
http://samwel.tk/laptop_mode/
http://tldp.org/HOWTO/Battery-Powered/index.html
http://www.lesswatts.org/