[ltp] Z61p: 5.2h on windows and barely 3H on linux

Marc MERLIN linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 29 Sep 2007 09:54:08 -0700

On Fri, Sep 28, 2007 at 05:34:14PM +0200, Johannes Boy wrote:
> I get roughly the same on my z61p running Fedora Core 7, maybe a bit less.
> Did you already try powertop? It should help to increase battery life

I need to put it on that laptop too, thanks for the reminder.
But for comparison, on my T42p (1600x1200 LCD ati chipset), I'm getting
4h20, which is more than windows on the same machine.
This is why I noticed that the hw upgrade caused a sheer drop in performance
on this laptop.

> There are also some other ways to tweak things, like the kernels
> laptop_mode and a script collection named similiar... but I just
> started to look into things so I can't tell you much more :p

Yeah, I have those on the old machine, and need to make sure they work as
expected on the new one.
I'll report back, but for now, it's not looking too good.

Marc
Home page: http://marc.merlins.org/