[ltp] Re: RAM used in A30

Axel Braun linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 20 Apr 2008 11:34:18 +0200

James Knott wrote:

>>> can I install any SO-DIMM module in the ThinkPad A30?
..
<http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?lndocid=MIGR-4NVU4N>
>> says that the A30 can use two 19K4656 512MB modules that are
>> 64x64Mbit. So 512MB modules that work in the A30 exist.
>>
> One thing that's important is to buy from a reputable supplier.  I
> bought some memory for my R31 and tried twice from one supplier and both
> had problems.  I then bought from a name brand and it works fine.  Stick
> with Crucial, Kingston etc.  They will maintain lists of compatible
> modules for many models.

Yes, brand supplier is the crucial thing :-) In between I've found out that
the memory store is a RAM junkie on ebay (fastmemoryman) with his own club
(fastmemoryman must die - looks like the 'fan' page).

Anyway, from the specs I can see that 64x64 is supported, so just the
mem-test with memtest86 should be fine.

Thanks for the link above
Ax

--