[ltp] Re: Other uses for the fingerprint reader?

Sat, 26 Apr 2008 15:45:15 +0300

--oyUTqETQ0mS9luUI

On Sat, Apr 26, 2008 at 12:58:08PM +0200, Rolf Kutz wrote:
> On 25/04/08 18:48 +0300, Marius Gedminas wrote:
>> Perhaps it is a matter of learning the proper alignment (straight) and
>> speed (not too fast).  I've been using thinkfinger since last August,
>> and perhaps 90% of my fingers are recognised correctly.  Very rarely I
>> have to try twice.
>
> Did you also test for false positives?

Only my other fingers.  They weren't accepted.

> Did you
> try to cheat the system like this:
>
> http://www.ccc.de/biometrie/fingerabdruck_kopieren?language=3Den

That would be interesting.

(For practical purposes it would be much easier to power off the laptop
and then choose rescue mode in the Grub menu.  That's free passwordless
root shell for anyone with physical access to the laptop.  I don't leave
my laptop unattended.)

Marius Gedminas
--=20
BYTE editors are people who separate the wheat from the chaff, and then
carefully print the chaff.

--oyUTqETQ0mS9luUI

--oyUTqETQ0mS9luUI--