[ltp] Hard Disk Parking on a T61

Daniel Castro linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 07 Aug 2008 09:39:24 +0100

Hello,

I'm running Ubuntu 8.04.1 on my T61 and everything works nice and smooth
except for one thing (I think). The hard disk parking.
I would try to follow the instructions in:
http://thinkwiki.org/wiki/Installing_Ubuntu_8.04_(Hardy_Heron)_on_a_ThinkPad_T61#Hard_Disk_Parking
But I get confused. First it mentions the problems with 2.6.24 but then
it gives a fix and then the patch. But still confused!
At http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/HDAPS#Kernel_patch I will go to the
third patch under New Interface which I beleive it what I need. I have:
~$ uname -a
Linux BlackBeauty 2.6.24-19-generic #1 SMP Fri Jul 11 21:01:46 UTC 2008
x86_64 GNU/Linux

But then those are not files, those links take to pages that show what
look like the code. What am I supposed to do with that?
Are there any simpler instructions on how to do this anywhere?
Has anyone done it in this computer and does it work properly?

Thanks!

--

Daniel Castro
Networking and Distributed Systems
Computer Science
Trinity College Dublin

Mobile: 083-318-2058
86.4.3 Trinity Hall, Dartry Road, Dublin 6